Re: Load Balancing and pf rdr

Jonathan S. Keim wrote:

Hello all,

I was reading the archives from October 2002 on load-balancing with
pf[1], and it seems that adding the ability to redirect to hosts from a
dynamic table would make building userland health monitoring
substantially easier.

For example, if we have the following pf.conf:

##### pf.conf #####
virtual_ip = 192.168.0.6
table <web_servers> persist { 192.168.0.7, 192.168.0.8 }
rdr proto tcp from all to $virtual_ip port 80 -> <web_servers> port 80

we could manipulate the table web_servers from userland (if all else
fails, use pfctl) without having to know the rule number like we would
with DIOCCHANGEADDR (as Daniel mentioned in a different thread[2]).

Thoughts?

We will implement that someday, but I don't know when.
Cedric