pf round-robin load balancing patent issue

Hi all.
I am involved with a project to provide load balanced, redundent links to the internet. We have been approached by the holder's of Patent 6,493,341 indicating that we are in violation of their patent. It appears that the patent covers identifying a SYN packet and picking a line over which to send the data. This sounds like NAT, then pick a line, doesn't it? I know that pf provides simple, round-robin load balancing and I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to see if the patent holder is out of line.

- Charlie

--
Charlie Steaderman
[email protected]