between $x and $y rule?

I'm no expert with pf!  But I'm wondering about something...
I have quite a few rules like:
-----
# allow IKE between other_host and ext_ip
pass in on $ext_if proto udp from $other_host to $ext_ip port 500 keep state
pass in on $ext_if proto udp from $ext_ip to $other_host port 500 keep state
-----
Am I doing this wrong???  Can I somehow set a bidirectional rule of some
sort?  For example, is there a "between x and y" type of syntax that I could
employ?
I'm not subscribed, so please cc me.  Thanks!
Tom.