Re: Prioritizing empty TCP ACKs with pf and ALTQ with exemptions?

On Monday, Apr 7, 2003, at 06:27 US/Pacific, Erik Paulsen Skålerud wrote:

# ACK queues
altq on $ext_if priq bandwidth 205Kb queue { q_pri, q_def }
queue q_pri priority 7
queue q_def priority 1 priq(default)

# ALTQ Tuning
pass out on $ext_if proto tcp from $ext_if to any flags S/SA \
        keep state queue (q_def, q_pri)

pass in on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $ext_if flags S/SA \
        keep state queue (q_def, q_pri)

Now, The FreeBSD, the Windows 2000 Server and the OpenBSD all have public
IP's, and are all connected to each other with 10mbit/s connection.

My problem is, I cant figure out how to exclude traffic to/from the FreeBSD
and the Windows 2000 Server.. Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish
this?

altq on $ext_if cbq queue { q_servers, q_outside } queue q_servers priority 0 queue q_outside priority 7 bandwidth 205Kb { q_pri, q_def } queue q_pri priority 7 queue q_def priority 1 cbq(default)

pass out on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $servers flags S/SA \
         keep state queue q_servers

The priorities on q_servers and q_outside are intended to keep traffic
to the two servers from flooring traffic to the internet at large.

Please bear with me, I'm very new with both PF and ALTQ. I tried to talk to
Daniel about this, he said something about cbq. But I'm not sure how to
change the current ruleset.

The reasons for cbq are independent bandwidth specification and nested queues.