Re: pf+altq

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 06:12:23PM -0800, Trevor Talbot wrote:
> On Thursday, Apr 3, 2003, at 14:56 US/Pacific, Henning Brauer wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 11:14:43PM +0300, Nikolay Denev wrote:
>
> >>When i'am assigning packets to a queue with a "keep state" rule like
> >>this :
> >>"pass out quick on $ext_if inet proto tcp all flags S/SA keep state
> >>queue
> >>tcp-queue"
> >>will the packets coming to me via the "keep state" created states
> >>will be
> >>assigned to the queue too?
> >
> >yes.
>
> Since the documentation on ALTQ says it only queues outbound packets,
> wouldn't this be "no"?  If I misunderstood, how would one handle
> asymmetric queueing?
well, with something like
pass in to port 80 keep state queue http
the _outgoing_ packets matching this rule would be queued.
additionally, in the usual setup, packets that are inbound on $ext_if are
outgoing on $int_if ... and the classifying doies not need to happen on the
same interface as the actual queueing later ;-)
hb@bsws.de - henning@openbsd.org
(Dennis Ritchie)