Re: L2 broadcast and NAT state

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 12:36:20PM -0800, Trevor Talbot wrote:
> I agree, especially since it works fine on a local interface.  Not
> forwarding it on an IP level is inconsistent.
Ok, I asked, and the consensus seems to be that those broadcasts should
not get forwarded, as there could be several IP forwarders on the
network, and they'd all forward the same broadcast if that were the
default.
You can slightly change your kernel to not assign the M_BCAST flag on
ethernet level for the ethernet broadcast mac address, to work around
your specific setup, if you like. If you need help for that patch, let
me know.
Daniel