Re: security at mac address level (fwd)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Doros Eracledes wrote:
> Is there a way to make sure that only requests
> from specific mac address can access my
> pf protected database server?
This is something out of pf's scope.
You can consider using a bridged firewall setup and enforce layer2 access
control via brconfig. Please see brconfig(8) man page. "rule" keyword.
> May be if it's not possible using pf, i could use a level 1 switch?

Level 1 switch? I think you mean Level2 switch.
Yes it'll be more sensible if you already have a switch that you can
define Layer2 access rules. You can resolve this issue with defining VLANS
also.
To list:
This is a commonly encountered question. Maybe we should consider
explaining this issue in the FAQ, part 6.
Regards,
-bdd