From: Stephen Gutknecht (OBSD-PF) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 10:11 AM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: wireless interface sharing same subnet as wired
Ok, let me start over.
What I want to be able to do is share a single IP subnet between two private
network interfaces.
Client 1: ethernet cable.  192.168.1.50 / mask 255.255.255.0
Cleint 2: wireless 192.168.1.60 / mask 255.255.255.0
With a 3-interface OpenBSD firewall in between the two.  The fireall would
bridge the ethernet and wireless so that both clients could connect directly
to each other (ping or otherwise).  And both clients would NAT out the same
common public interface.
The wireless network would use enhanced WEP + mac filtering for security.
Not perfect, but suitable for the intended application.
  Stephen