From: Daniel Hartmeier [mailto:daniel@benzedrine.cx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 6:21 PM
To: Shawn Mitchell
Cc: Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens; pf@benzedrine.cx
Subject: Re: PF MAC Filter
On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 06:13:38PM -0600, Shawn Mitchell wrote:
> Just a little pre-filtering to stop the ignorant people, and the wanna-be
> hackers.
For MAC level filtering, you'll need a bridge. See brconfig(8) about how
to filter on MAC addresses. pf will still work on a bridge, and you can
do the IP level filtering with pf on the same box.
pf itself does not (and will not) filter on MAC addresses, as has been
discussed in-depth many times before. If you're interested in the old
discussions, the mailing list archives will help you.
Daniel