RE: Short question

As far as a packetfilter/bridge/router no sweat.  If you intend on doing
something such as running a web based mail server then it's a totally different
issue.  My ppro 200 when i'm connected using imp via imap the idle drops to
maybe 20% and it's slow as anything.  Also, wrapping webpages w/ ssl makes the
load incredibly high.  As far as just running http and sendmail though, it's not
a problem.  Then again using your box only for filtering is probably a better
idea anyway :-)
James