Re: Routing port 80 and 443 packets to a proxy server

Another way is if you want traffic to go to the proxy server BEFORE going
to your OpenBSD/pf box,  you can create a proxy automatic configuration
file for use in the browser (.pac) which is usually written in java, but
would require the browser to be configured with the .pac host/file name.
Or instead of a .pac file, have the users do a manual proxy configuration
in their browser and point to the host/port the proxy server is listening
on.
The other suggestion about redirection would be transparent to the users,
though, so may be more desirable, though may be creating extra
traffic/demand on the pf box.
Cheers,
Samantha