pfstat and statistics logging

I'm working with pfstat to compile some custom graphs, and I noticed
that neither packets_v4_in_drop nor packets_v4_out_drop are reporting
any statistics on my graphs.  Same goes for pfctl -s info (see below).
Obviously, logging is enabled on my external interface.  What am I
missing to get drops/passes to be reflected properly?
Note that all other logging (including block) is happening correctly via
pflogd.
Thanks,
J.
-bash-2.05b# pfctl -s info
State Table                          Total             Rate
  current entries                       71
  searches                         6886689            6.4/s
  inserts                            53758            0.0/s
  removals                           53687            0.0/s
Counters
  match                              89842            0.1/s
  bad-offset                             0            0.0/s
  fragment                               0            0.0/s
  short                                  0            0.0/s
  normalize                             26            0.0/s
  memory                                 0            0.0/s