Re: 3.2 pf problems

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:18:27PM -0800, bob bob wrote:
>  but for some reason im not getting a connection from
>  the computer behind this one. This is a layout of my
>  network:
>
>  router->hub->openbsd box->second computer
>  any suggestions?
Verify that both the gateway and the second computer have IP addresses
inside 192.168.0.0/24 assigned, and that they can ping each other.
Set the default gateway on the second computer to the 192.168.x.x
address of the gateway. Ping an external host from the second computer.
Run tcpdump -nvvvpi <int_if> and then -nvvvpi <ext_if> on the gateway
and tell us what you see.
If the packets from the second computer don't arrive at the internal
interface of the gateway, you have a local network problem, and
debugging pf is futile. If packets arrive there, but don't get forwarded
(and translated) correctly, the problem lies with the gateway/pf.
Daniel