Re: fully transparent ftp-proxy?

Interesting idea ;)
As I also pointed out, the security could be increased by linking
embrionic states with the filter rules. Like adding an "embrionic" keyword
or something similar, so that an embrionic state will only try to match if
it matches a permissive filter rule.
That way, the proxies still need to have some form of permission given by
the ruleset.
To implement that however, for it to be effective, you would need to be
able to give proxies access to some pf ioctl functions (like adding
embrionic states), but not others (like adding rules). I'm guessing this
could be accomplished with systrace, but I think some other check in
pf_ioctl would be more secure.
-- Rukh