Re: fully transparent ftp-proxy?

   You have a solution. ftp-proxy + reverse diff. (If you don't see the
   need for the reverse diff, you're obviously not thinking of both
   active and passive connections). Firewalling is achievable.
I admit that at this point I haven't a clue what reverse diff is -- I
will search the archives.
   As far as I can tell, your complaint is logging, which can surely
   be handled by the ftp-proxy. It can do all sorts of logging.
   Feed them back to your loghost via a rotate script, or syslog.
Merging the ftp logs and the firewall logs is a workaround, certainly.
   But at this point, I no longer see what problem you're trying to solve.
Not having to rewrite all the scripts that process the logs just
because I'm using OpenBSD as my firewall...
	  -roy