Re: Book.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 01:56:30PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 07:43:56AM -0400, Michael Lucas wrote:
> > So, Dan, are you planning to rework the whole pf tool suite for 3.3,
> > as you did between 3.1 and 3.2?  That'll tell me how many pages I can
> > spend on it... if the user-visible interface is still flopping around,
> > I have to trim the page count I'm planning for it.
>
> There's a big thing coming I'm currently coding on, though that's an
> extension. I think we will add quite a few extensions, but the existing
> stuff should be fairly stable - but you never know for sure. perhaps we have
> THE idea how everything is better...
[replying to both Henning and Dan]
Thanks for the info.
Extensions are cool, and if you guys have an inspiration on how to do
everything perfectly and cause packet-filtering world peace, certainly
do it.  :-)
(/me looks at outline, sees chapter on altq, and kills it.  Ah, well,
maybe that'll keep *this* book under 600 pages...)
--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons